Push ups are great exercises and form a part of most workout regimes.
The problem? Most people don’t know how to do the perfect push up!
Let us show you how…
Push Ups: Step-by-step
- Place your hands directly below your shoulders and your toes should touch the ground. There should be a small distance between your legs.
- Now lower your body slowly in a controlled motion and keep going down until your chest barely touches the ground. Breathe in as you complete this step.
- Push yourself back up. Exert force as if you were pushing the ground until you reach the starting position. Breathe out as you complete this step.
Push Ups: Precautions
- At no moment should your back be arched. Your torso should be completely straight at all times.
- Same goes for your buttocks. They should never stick out or dip in and should always align with your straight back.
- Make sure your hands and toes are firmly placed throughout the exercise. If they tend to move, find a more suitable position.
The perfect push up is not elusive if you keep in mind and follow all the aforementioned pointers.