Donkey Kicks are super exercises for your core, lower back and thighs.
Not as intense as other exercises, but effective nonetheless.
They will help you tone your buttocks and thigh muscles if done as follows…
Donkey Kicks – How To Do Them
- Place yourself on your knees and hands. Your hands must be just under your shoulders and your knees just under your hips.
- Now lift your right leg upwards and keep going until you cannot lift it any further.
- Bring it back to starting position.
- Repeat with your left leg.
Donkey Kicks – Tips and Precautions
- Apart from the starting position, there is no wrong way of doing donkey kicks. You may lift your leg as shown in the card or keep your knee straight. Take your pick.
- Remember not to jerk your knee and let your hip act as a pivot.
- Keep looking ahead with your head still. People tend to look at how high they can raise their legs.