Lunges are fairly common.
But when you twist while lunging you get the added benefits of working your lower back, as well as shoulders.
Lunge Twists – Step-By-Step
- Stand straight with your feet planted together and place your hands at the back of your head.
- While placing both your hands at the back of your head, assume the lunges position with your right leg forward.
- Now turn your upper body or twist it towards the right.
- Follow the above steps in reverse order to go back to the original position.
- Repeat with your left leg.
Lunge Twists – Tips and Precautions
- Do not bend your neck at any instant during this exercise.
- Remember you have to twist your body in the same direction as your forward leg.