High Knees is a fairly simple and low intensity exercise.
It acts as a great warm up and readies your for the upcoming workout.
High Knees – How To Do High Knees
- Stand straight with your feet planted together and hands in natural position.
- Lift your right knee and slightly bend your left knee to distribute your weight properly. Breathe in while doing this step.
- Go back to the starting position. Breathe out while doing this step.
- Repeat with left leg
High Knees – Tips and Precautions
- This is a warm up exercise so take it easy. Make sure you are stretching well.
- Use your hands if you are finding it difficult to lift your legs to a decent height. Gradually you won’t need to use your hands.
- Look forward at times. People tend to look at their knees. Maintain posture throughout the exercise.
Although not an exercise per se, High Knees is something that you must know.