Side leg raises, on contrary to what they suggest, is actually a pretty effective glute exercise.
You work your glutes, shoulders and improve your balance.
Here’s how to do the perfect side leg raise…
Side Leg Raises – Step-By-Step
- Place yourself on your hands and knees. Look directly downwards at the ground/floor.
- Now, move your left leg away from your body toward the left side such that your left feet is planted on the ground.
- Slowly, in a controlled motion, lift your left leg while keeping the rest of your body steady. Lift it as much as you can.
- Bring it back to rest.
- Repeat with your right leg.
Side Leg Raises – Tips and Precautions
- Keep your head still at all the times.
- Do not jerk your knee when you lift your leg. It should happen in a controlled motion.